As you may (or may not) know – we took a week’s vacation to spend time with friends and family at our vacation rental villa (www.enchantedvillacr.com) in Costa Rica. Before we left we tried to dot all of our “i’s” and cross all of our “t’s”, with instructions to our General Contractor that we were only to be contacted in case of emergency. Our thinking being that this was the last break before the “homestretch” and there really was nothing we were needed for during the week we had planned.
We didn’t get one email, phone call or text the entire time.
When we returned we dashed over to the Hotel and were THRILLED with the amount of progress that had been made during our absence!
- The “rough-ins” for the 3rd Floor bathrooms were completed (meaning the bathrooms are now ready for the fittings (sinks, faucets, showers, etc.) and the floors in the bathrooms are almost ready for tiling;
- Hot and cold water lines were run to the 2nd and 1st floor bathrooms in preparation for “roughing in” next week;
- Guest room fireplaces began to be installed as well as the framing out of the large fireplace in the Lobby;
- Almost all of the electrical was completed with the exception of some work on the 1st Floor;
- The “pit” for the elevator was dug out and will be finished next week, ready for the installation of the elevator unit itself;
- The basement dig out continued and should be ready for the new floor within the next two weeks.
Check out some of the progress photo’s below: